Saturday 2 May 2020

Money on the web

After a light shower or a very dewy morning, spider webs show up beautifully.  
I spotted these along the Pithay.


It was only after I viewed this photo below at home that I noticed the owner sitting in the middle.


It's probably a member of the Linyphiidae (linny-fie-iddy) family but that's not much help as there are about 250 species in  this family.
They usually hang underneath the web hiding from birds and waiting for prey to land on the web.
Perhaps this one had just finished a tasty meal.


It looks to have a groove down the middle of its abdomen and a little dimple near the rear.  Any arachnologists out there who can identify this little eight-legger?


Meanwhile I'll just call it a money spider.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love getting comments so go ahead.