Monday 4 October 2021

SPEEDY CATERPILLAR

I saw this character moving rapidly across a path near the Leisure Centre.  A ripple of movement travelled down his body and he travelled quite quickly towards the undergrowth at the side of the path.  I wanted to get it on video but by the time I had got my phone into the right mode, furry-features had made it into the shelter of the vegetation.


The best I can do is to show you an enlarged version of the photo so you can see just how furry or spiny he was.


Like many caterpillars at the end of the feeding period, he was probably heading for a place to bury himself and turn into a chrysalis to overwinter, dreaming no doubt about the spring, when a short life as a moth or butterfly would be his.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love getting comments so go ahead.