Friday 18 January 2013

Feeding birds

I didn't make it to Filnore Woods today but saw some birds out of my window.  Unfortunately I don't have a very powerful lens on my camera but here is the laburnum tree on our patio with two seed dispensers, a doughnut-shaped peanut holder and a fat ball holder.


The great tits and blue tits can hang on upside down but other birds like robins and chaffinches like to perch in the middle of the doughnut.  Blackbirds and dunnocks prefer to hop about on the ground picking up the bits that drop. 
 
Right in the middle of the photo above there is a little bird pecking at a fat ball.  If I crop the picture . . . . . . . . . 

 
 . . . . . . .  you can see it's a blackcap.
 
We also have a bird table, which is nearer the window so only the bolder birds like robins and blackbirds have so far visited it.

 
Notice that we also followed advice from Chris Packham on 'Winterwatch' and included a dish of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love getting comments so go ahead.